The chief minister of Gujarat Shree bhupendra patel announced policy for the production of semiconductors in Gujarat. This policy seems to be attract new investor in dholera Ahmedabad. Semiconductors is most useful components of any electronic devices and it hubs.
The government announced a policy for the production of semiconductors. Semiconductor will be manufactured at Semicon City in Dholera.
75% subsidy will be given for land and water at concessional rate for the first five years.
A special policy has been announced by the state government for the purpose of starting production of semiconductor chips in the state and getting investments, Gujarat has become the first state in the country to announce this type of policy. Semicon city to be set up in Dholera SIR for semiconductor manufacturing Gujarat Semiconductor Policy is expected to employ two lakh people in the next five years.
India Semiconductor Mission has been set up by the Government of India and a new policy has been announced for the development of this sector. Under which this type of policy has been announced in Gujarat, the project approved for the production of semiconductors will be given additional assistance by the state government at the rate of 40% of the capital assistance in addition to the assistance provided by the Government of India.
75% subsidy on first 200 acres land purchase for such project by setting up Semicon City at Dholera and 50% subsidy on additional land required for Fab project or Aprim and other approved projects. The chief minister of Gujarat shree bhupendra patel announced policy for the production of semiconductors in Gujarat.
Gujarat has now become the first state in the country to have a committed policy for the semiconductor and display production sector, the minister claimed.
Introduce policy for semiconductor and display manufacturing in the gujarat state
1. For the first time in the country, the state of Gujarat introduced a semiconductor policy.
2. Dholera Special Investment Gujarat State Electronics Mission GSEM will be employed as nodal agency on the pattern of India Semiconductor Mission to develop Dholera Semicon City.
3. In the next five years, the semiconductor policy will create two lakh new jobs in Gujarat.
4. Additional assistance at the rate of 40% of the capital assistance of the Government of India will be provided by the State Government.
5. Established and eligible projects will get 75% subsidy on first land purchase and 50% subsidy on additional land required for other projects.
6. Provision of powertech subsidy of ₹2 per unit for ten years from start of production.
7. Provision for one-time treatment of 100 per cent stamp duty and registration fee Single window mechanism to be set up to speed up approvals.
If you Don’t know about Dholera Smart City? Here is in brief.
Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR) is among the first and the largest of the eight production cities to be developed under Phase-I of the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor and is intended to be the earliest and biggest smart, sustainable ”greenfield industrial town” located approximately 100 kms south of Ahmedabad to appeal to a population of 2 million, employing over 8,00,000 by 2042.